23-24 President's Letter
Greetings GBREPC Members –
Welcome to the 2023-24 Council year! I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer and that this email finds you and your family, friends and colleagues in good health and great spirits. It is an honor and a privilege to serve as your President of the Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council (GBREPC). With the leadership of our passionate Board Officers and Directors, we have planned an exceptional year of events that will enlighten you on cutting-edge estate planning topics and deliver networking opportunities to grow your practice.
In setting the stage for the coming season of the GBREPC, I would like to remind all of our Members that the mission of the GBREPC, in essence, is twofold: 1) to create opportunities for members to collaborate and network with other members and 2) to provide information and resources that will help our members best serve their clients. As we get ready to kick off our 2023/2024 season, your Board and I wanted to tell you how excited we are about the plans that we have to further pursue the above stated mission and enhance the value that you receive from your membership in the Council.
Our Members will find tremendous value from our vast array of Membership benefits, some of which include:
- Nationally recognized speakers presenting on topics that affect all of our practices and clients at our five dinner meetings (see full slate of dinner meeting dates below). Continuing with the format we established last season, our dinner meetings will be offered in a “hybrid” format with both the option to attend in-person or online via Zoom.
- Excellent networking with members of our Council at every dinner meeting and social event (Kick-Off Event, Holiday Event, Spring Social, and Year-End Event to name a few).
- Opportunity to invite professional colleagues as a guest to one of our dinner meetings.
- Biography, headshot, and listing by name and by discipline category in our GBREPC Digital Member Directory located on our website at www.bocaratonepc.org.
- Ability to present to our Council through our “Member Speaker Forum” which we plan to conitnue this season.
- Complimentary access to the Leimberg Information Services, Inc. (LISI) resource, which is included in your membership free of charge (a $360 value!).
- Access to many benefits and resources provided by the National Association of Estate Planning Councils (NAEPC), including access to the NAEPC Journal of Estate & Tax Planning, access to a vast array of substantive and relevant webinars, and the ability to obtain the Accredited Estate Planner (AEP®) designation. The full list of benefits and resources provided by the NAEPC is available at www.naepc.org.
Mark your calendars now with the following 2023/2024 Dinner Meeting dates.
- October 17, 2023 – Sam Donaldson, “Recent Developments in Estate Planning”
- November 16, 2023 – Dave Diamond, “Just Because You Can Doesn’t Always Mean You Should – Fiduciary Considerations when Using Flexible Trust Laws”
- January 23, 2024 – Bob Kirkland, The Secure (“Setting Every Community up for Retirement Enhancement” or “Sending Everyone Cowering under Reduced Expectations”) Act and other Recent Developments in Estate Planning for Retirement Assets
- February 21, 2024 – Marve Ann Alaimo, “The Hatfields & The McCoys: Pitfalls When Planning With Real Estate”
- Wednesday, May 1, 2024 – Kristina Ratama – “Charitable Planning”
In addition, you will not want to miss our Season Kick-Off event being held on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at Northern Trust. You can always view our full calendar of events on our website.
As you can see from the above, the 2023/2024 GBREPC season is one that you will not want to miss! So please log on to our website at www.bocaratonepc.org right now to renew your membership and please encourage your friends and colleagues to do the same. Our Board will do its best to make sure that your membership in the GBREPC will be one of the best investments of your time and money that you will make this year.
I encourage all of our Members to feel free to reach out directly to me and/or any of the Council Board Members to give us your input on how we can better serve the needs of our Members. We welcome and encourage your suggestions.
Here’s to a fantastic GBREPC season and we look forward to seeing everyone soon!
All the best,
Dan Seigel, President